- The highest strength-to-weight ratio
- Minimal friction loss, especially when working at high loads
- Captive ball bearings for side thrust loads
- Totally reliable and trouble free performance
- Simplicity of design and construction to facilitate maintenance and servicing
- Elegant, functional styling and finish.
|Sheave Ø||100 + 75 mm|
|Max. Rope Ø||14 mm|
|Max. Cable Ø||- mm|
|Pin Ø||8.0 mm|
|B. L.||6500 kg|
Orbit blocks™ are a no-compromise product range developed to meet the demands and expectation of the very dedicated and increasingly professional racing sailor. Side cheeks incorporating head structure and hub are precision machined as a single part from solid alloy, leaving material only where it contributes to the load carrying capacity of the block and eliminating the need for additional fasteners. The Orbit sheave has captive Acetal or Torlon® ball bearings for side thrust loads, eliminating the need for side retainer plates. This reduces weight and allows for a wider bearing surface that can accommodate longer Torlon® needles – achieving a substantially higher strength-to-weight ratio.
Spreacher blocks can accommodate a second spinnaker sheet for sail changes or an outboard genoa sheet for reaching. Head posts of swivel blocks can be locked at 0 or 90 degrees.
- Primary mainsheet, halyard and spinnaker systems on boats to 16m (53ft)
- Secondary mainsheet, vang blocks on boats to 18m (60ft)
- Backstay systems on boats to 14m (46ft)
- General control line and lead block applications on larger yachts
- Fully machined Alloy cheek plates
- Alloy sheaves with captive ball races
- Torlon® needle rollers
- Carbon black Acetal ball bearings
- Forged grade 17-4PH stainless steel shackles
- Grade 316 stainless steel head post